On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 09:40:38 -0500, Farley, Peter x23353 wrote:

>PMFJI here, but why do you still force your customers to have to read
>actual tapes of any kind at all?
>
>                          ...  Even without changing your maintenance
>and package build procedures, you can generate an AWS or HET format
>"tape" file on DASD and distribute that as a binary file over the net.

FSVO "without changing"?

o Is there a driver that will let IEBCOPY (for example) unload a
  relative file directly to an ASWTAPE image?

o Or do they build interim tapes and filter those to AWSTAPE?

What is a good ASWTAPE package?  I looked at a couple on CBTTAPE,
and they seemed nice, but not quite ready for Prime Time.
Likewise, what enterprise-grade utility would they distribute to
customers to unwind AWSTAPE?

-- gil