What you describe is the way we run our shop. However, we are strictly
SUN/STK on the tape side. If you want to use IBM and 'native' z/OS tape
controls, I don't know how you would do it.

You might consider merging the three into a 'bronzeplex'. We merged two
sysplexes that way over a year ago. RACF data-sharing is limited, but
everything else works pretty well.

.
.
JO.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company
Electric Dragon Team Paddler
SHARE MVS Program Co-Manager
626-302-7535 Office
323-715-0595 Mobile
jo.skip.robin...@sce.com

             "Coatney, Bill"
             <bill.coat...@anp
             AC.COM>                                                    To
             Sent by: IBM              IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
             Mainframe                                                  cc
             Discussion List
             <ibm-m...@bama.ua                                     Subject
             .edu>                     Consolidation

             03/12/2009 01:32
             PM

             Please respond to
               IBM Mainframe
              Discussion List
             <ibm-m...@bama.ua
                   .edu>

We are looking into consolidating three data centers into one.

We would like to keep our sysplexes separate for the most part, at least
in the beginning, due to having different security packages, different
layouts, and strategies.

We would however like to share a tape silo, tape drives, and the CDS
that controls the tapes, but keep the rest of our XCF structures
separate.

How difficult would it be, or can it even be done, setting up a sysplex
with sort of sub-sysplexes?