I won't comment on the technical question you asked.

However, there is a non-technical reason for a "primary" parallel sysplex.

There would likely be some significant savings in your monthly IBM software
bill if your three sysplexes were merged so that you had one "primary"
sysplex. This does not mean all images must be in a common sysplex, but
rather the majority of the prime shift CPU time across the 3 machines must
belong to one primary sysplex. (You can of course have multiple images on a
machine in this primary sysplex.)

The rules are non-trivial, so besides referring to the IBM sysplex
aggregation pages <http://ibm.com/zseries/swprice/sysplex/> you might want
to review the 76 page Red-Piece "z/OS Systems Programmers Guide to: Sysplex
Aggregation" <http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/redp3967.html>,

Al Sherkow, I/S Management Strategies, Ltd.
Consulting Expertise on Capacity Planning, Performance Tuning,
WLC, LPARs, IRD and LCS Software
Seminars on IBM SW Pricing, LPARs, and IRD
Voice: +1 414 332-3062
Web: www.sherkow.com