From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Horne, Jim - James S
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 12:09 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Adding CPU engines without IPL

Hi all,

We are planning to upgrade one of our 2094s dynamically from a 712 to a
714.  IBM assures us that their stuff will work.  Since we have the two
engines in reserve our understanding is that we can simply configure
them online without an IPL or Activate.  My question is in two parts.
Has anyone done this and were there any issues with third party
products?

Thanks,

Jim Horne
Systems Programmer
Large Systems Engineering & Messaging NC4IT
Lowe's Companies, Inc.
1000 Lowe's Boulevard
Mooresville, NC
704-758-5354
jim.ho...@lowes.com<mailto:jim.ho...@lowes.com>

NOTICE:
All information in and attached to the e-mail(s) below may be
proprietary, confidential, privileged and otherwise protected from
improper or erroneous disclosure.  If you are not the sender's intended
recipient, you are not authorized to intercept, read, print, retain,
copy, forward, or disseminate this message.  If you have erroneously
received this communication, please notify the sender immediately by
phone
(704-758-1000) or by e-mail and destroy all copies of this message
(electronic, paper, or otherwise).  Thank you.