I did not see this hit the list, so if it did, I apologize for the dup...

Joel (and Radislaw)  sp?

You have both moved me far more towards the center of this issue.
Excellent points, both.  It's just that I was "brought up" in a
CENTRALIZED/MANAGED environment and that is hard to shake.  How do you
coordinate recovery from multiple groups, both in and outside the data
center.  Obviously, it can be done, but much harder IMO.

There are products such as ABARS (ok... I know) and other 3rd party
products that wrap up application backups on a point in time; then
allow for recovery TO that point in time.  Of course, that costs
money, so I can see where you model, Joel, works and makes sense.

All the best,
Scott T. Harder

All the best,
Scott T. Harder