From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu]on Behalf
Of R.S.
Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2009 4:28 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: ADRDSSU protection [was:RE: Using FTP to send loadlib]

Scott T. Harder pisze:
Sorry, guys.  In my world, Application Programmers have no business having
access to Storage Management utilities like DSS.  Period.  That needs to
remain a centralized function.

Why?
Because mama said that?
Poor justification.

In my shop appliccation prgrammers have access to any tool they want,
UNLESS it is dangerous, i.e. bypasses regular security checking.
That's why DSS is available to everyone, but STGADMIN.ADR.STGADMIN.** is
not.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland