My best guess is that there is a condition earlier in one or more of
the routines that is satisfied first.
I decided I wanted to know what my routines were doing. On entry, I
write out a routine identifier and the more important read only
variables. I also (when testing) have a specific write for each exit
point.

I suggest you do something similar. What you shown so far looks like it
should work :(

Dave Gibney
Information Technology Services
Washington State University