----- Original Message ----- From: "Barbara Nitz" <nitz-...@gmx.net>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 5:23 AM
Subject: And you ask why I hate OMVS?

This past weekend I had the dubious honour of shutting down and IPLing 5
systems, two of them with USS work. The shutting down part was really bad
(now I know why our operators keep complaining).

<snip>

Barbara,

There is a job that used to be on the USS Tools and Toys pages that would run a BPX batch step to kill all active tasks. I don't have the job handy, but I'll see if I can track it down and send it to you. I only ran it when the shutdown forkinit didn't work, but it usually nuked any OMVS process that was hanging up shutdown. Check out Zelden's page, he may have it there.

Regards,
Tom Conley