>A lot of the Websphere portfolio doesn't port well to z/OS. I have
>anecdotal evidence (I was told by an IBMer) that Websphere messaage
>broker runs like a stallion on AIX but sucks big time on z/OS.

Agreed to the z/OS part. My ears are still ringing from the cursing my
colleague did when he installed this on MVS. That thing just doesn't play on
z/OS!

But please keep in mind that this time around, it wasn't the culprit! That user
was executing with an application named SQS (where just about no one here
has an idea what it is). Never mind that the SQS server (that *supposedly*
everything else executes under) was long gone when I noticed that user.

My shutting down the fork service brought WBIFN to a halt, and probably
rightly so. On the other hand, a 'real' MVS component would have had
recovery in place with provisions for that service happening and terminating
all
on its own. Just think of the lengths IMS goes to *not* to have an MPR
canceled from under it!

>and that means tailoring for the z/OS platform.
Which for the most part, isn't done or done improperly.

Barbara