On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 04:22:35 -0500, Barbara Nitz <nitz-...@gmx.net> wrote:

 Isn't
>there any surefire way to get the whole tree stopped in one fell swoop?

F OMVS,SHUTDOWN    ?

That is what we do.  We don't even shutdown ZFS (shutting down OMVS
takes care of ZFS  and there was a timing bug with shared file systems
in the recent past and this was the suggested work around).

Of course automation tries to take things down in the correct order first
to eliminate unix processes and then displays them at the end and
tries to get rid of any stragglers if they exist, but 'F OMVS,SHUTDOWN'
is still the last thing done.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden