On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 06:46:24 -0400, Pinnacle <pinnc...@rochester.rr.com> wrote:

> [...]

You're thinking of BPXSTOP.   We used that a long time ago.   It may cause
a problem with shared file systems.  Our old shutdown used to be:

 F BPXOINIT,SHUTDOWN=FORKINIT
 F BPXOINIT,SHUTDOWN=FILESYS
 S BPXSTOP

Now we just use "F OMVS,SHUTDOWN"

The z/OS Unix System Services Planning manual has information about
planned shutdowns using both methods.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden