One thing is to look in the SDSF column labelled JOBID. It that column is
blank, then the address space is not running under JES and likely running under
MSTR. Unfortunately, it is possible to have a JOBID and still be running under
MSTR. That is: "Every STC running under a JES will have a JOBID. However, not
every STC with a JOBID is necessarily running under a JES." As an example,
*MASTER* on my system has a JOBID. But that is the Master Scheduler which is
started at IPL time. It is not running under JES!

One way, better, is if you get JCT NOT FOUND. Then what you are looking at is
not running under the JES that SDSF is aware of. The STC could be running under
MSTR or under a secondary JES. Very few shops run with a secondary JES. We
happen to be one of them.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets(r)

(817) 255-3225 phone * (817)-961-6183 cell