>Unfortunately, it is possible to have a JOBID and still be running under MSTR.
>That is: "Every STC running under a JES will have a JOBID. However, not
>every STC with a JOBID is necessarily running under a JES." As an example,
>*MASTER* on my system has a JOBID. But that is the Master Scheduler
>which is started at IPL time. It is not running under JES!

And doing an SE line command in SDSF for *master* is a nice touch to see the
syslog of that system, all the edit commands can easily be used to search for
things. I tend to use this right after an IPL, when I need to see if anything
has
failed to start or got an error and a few other catchphrases ('only failed' as
an
edit command, for instance).

Automation netview is another example of an STC started sub=mstr that gets
itself a jobid later to place the AOFLOG.

When I got 'JCT NOT AVAILABLE' I was told to issue the SDSF command 'input
on' in the command line. I have never understood why, and besides, in many
cases it didn't help, anyway.

Regards, Barbara