Completely agree.    "No one does it better" and no vendor uses the Internet
for release and service delivery better than IBM - at least none that I've
found in over 30 years.  It's just plain foolish to think otherwise.

/rant
Personnaly, I'm glad the "green screen" IBMLINK is gone - old-fashioned and
doesn't do a quarter of what the Web IBMLINK can do.   Plus, on another
support note, ShopzSeries is brilliant in organizing and delivering such a
wide aray of products and options.  I guess some people out there would
rather (and probably do) get their products and maintenance via tapes and
order hard-copy manuals!!  Unreal.
In reading all the complaints about USS, WLM initiators and other items that
perhaps aren't very well understood by the complainers, IBM just can't win
with some folks....
/unrant

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 1:36 PM, Ken Porowski <ken.porow...@cit.com> wrote:

> I don't know what others on the list feel but from my perspective
> IBMLINK with all it's faults is still far far better than any other
> ISV's similar support.
>
> ASAP
> AST
> APAR descriptions that actually tell you something.
> Ease of research.
> Ease of ordering fixes
>
> Is it perfect?
> No
>
> Should we have to pay separately for Alert/Resolve rather than have it
> included with the MLC/S&S price?
> Probably not.
>
> But it's still the best there is (IMHO).

Guy Gardoit
z/OS Systems Programming