IIRC, the z800/z890/z900/z990 are "near death". I seem to recall the NO
CHANGES announcement. i.e. no model conversions or MES's.

The z/10's are out and this is 2 hardware generations back. Even in your
situation, this seems to be a bad idea.

Point out the financial's. The z9/BC is "paid for". After the lease
expires, a new lease can be negotiated at a lower price. That may be
enough to tip the scale the other way.

TCO is different than cost!

<snip>
I am ashamed to have to ask this at all. We currently have a z9BC. A
high manager has found what he considers a great deal on a used z800
that he want to convert back when our lease expires.

Anyway, does anybody have a pointer to some authoritive documentation
which would relate a z9BC MSU to a z800 MSU? I.e. if we have a 4hr
rolling average MSU of 40 on a z9BC, that would roughly translate to ???
MSUs on a z800. We use SCRT for billing, so if the MSUs go up for the
equivalent work (as I believe they will), then this deal will be far
less desirable.

I would say more, but I need to keep my job.
</snip>