Hi Mark:

I guess that you don't need any software support to support these  features?

Regards,
Gene

In a message dated 7/14/2009 10:20:26 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mark.zel...@zurichna.com writes:

On Tue,  14 Jul 2009 09:29:34 EDT, Gene Hudders <eshudd...@aol.com>  wrote:

>Hi Mark:
>
>Depending on where you are software  wise
>
>That is the point and you are assuming that because he is  a small shop
they
> are not using any new feature.

I'm  not assuming anything.

You wrote "Depending on where you are software  wise, you may not be able to
back level your software to run on z800".

If he is already running z9 it is 100% certain that his software will
support
z800.    I pointed some of the caveats related to H/W  features of going
backwards.  But that is not a software support  issue.

Regards,

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
Sr. Software and  Systems Architect - z/OS Team Lead

For  IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions,
send email to  lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO
Search the  archives at  http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html

Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221323036x1201367247/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Jul