Please accept my apology if this is not the correct forum for my question.
I would appreciate it if you could please direct me to the correct forum.

Mainframe Operating System:  z/OS 1.8

OpenSSH_3.8.1p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7d 17

Question:

I have a Mainframe Batch Job executing the BPXBATCH program to invoke SFTP
to transfer a file to an external site.

The external site does not require any Authentication.

How do I Disable the Publickey Authentication and only use the Password?

Below are the Execution JCL, Configuration file and Job Output.

//*
//*--------------------------------------------------------------------*
//*FUNCTION: Copy FTP Commands to the "SFTP.SCRIPT" File (UNIXSCRP DD).
//*--------------------------------------------------------------------*
//PS0010   EXEC PGM=IKJEFT01
//SYSTSIN  DD *
 OCOPY INDD(SFTPCMDS) OUTDD(UNIXSCRP)
//SYSOUT   DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSUDUMP DD SYSOUT=(D,,DUMP)
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSTSPRT DD SYSOUT=*
//SFTPCMDS DD *
USERID
PASSWORD
//*
//UNIXSCRP DD PATH='/u/home/sa10$/sftp.script',
//        PATHOPTS=(OWRONLY,OCREAT,OTRUNC),PATHMODE=(SIRWXU,SIRWXG)
//*
//*--------------------------------------------------------------------*
//*FUNCTION: Execute the "SFTP.SCRIPT" File    Port 10022
//*--------------------------------------------------------------------*
//PS0020   EXEC PGM=BPXBATCH,REGION=0M,
//      PARM='PGM /bin/sftp -b /u/home/sa10$/sftp.script
//              -oPort=10022 -v gis.cms.hhs.gov'
//*
//STDOUT   DD SYSOUT=*,LRECL=132,RECFM=F
//STDERR   DD SYSOUT=*,LRECL=132,RECFM=F
//*
//*--------------------------------------------------------------------*

#.$Id: ssh_config,v 1.16.1.1 2003/05/17 21:36:27 ERINF Exp $

# This config was set up for testing CMS file transfers
#
# This is the ssh client system-wide configuration file.  See
# ssh_config(5) for more information.  This file provides defaults for
# users, and the values can be changed in per-user configuration files
# or on the command line.

# Configuration data is parsed as follows:
#  1. command line options
#  2. user-specific file
#  3. system-wide file
# Any configuration value is only changed the first time it is set.
# Thus, host-specific definitions should be at the beginning of the
# configuration file, and defaults at the end.

# Site-wide defaults for various options

# Host *
#   ForwardAgent no
#   ForwardX11 no
ChallengeResponseAuthentication no
RhostsAuthentication no
RhostsRSAAuthentication no
RSAAuthentication no
PubkeyAuthentication no
PreferredAuthentications password
PasswordAuthentication yes
HostbasedAuthentication no
#   BatchMode no
CheckHostIP no
StrictHostKeyChecking no
#   IdentityFile ~/.ssh/identity
#   IdentityFile ~/.ssh/id_rsa
#   IdentityFile ~/.ssh/id_dsa
#   Port 22
#   Protocol 2,1
Protocol 2
#   Cipher 3des
#   Ciphers
aes128-cbc,3des-cbc,blowfish-cbc,cast128-cbc,arcfour,aes192-cbc,aes256-cbc
#   EscapeChar ~

OpenSSH_3.8.1p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7d 17 Mar 2004
debug1: Reading configuration data /u/home/sa10$/.ssh/config
debug1: Rhosts Authentication disabled, originating port will not be
trusted.
debug1: Connecting to gis.cms.hhs.gov Ý12.34.26.31¨ port 10022.
debug1: Connection established.
debug1: identity file /u/home/sa10$/.ssh/id_rsa type 1
debug1: identity file /u/home/sa10$/.ssh/id_dsa type -1
debug1: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version
http://3sp.com_Mave
debug1: no match: http://3sp.com_Maverick_SSHD
debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_3.8.1p1
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT received
debug1: kex: server->client aes128-cbc hmac-md5 none
debug1: kex: client->server aes128-cbc hmac-md5 none
debug1: sending SSH2_MSG_KEXDH_INIT
debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_KEXDH_REPLY
debug1: Host 'gis.cms.hhs.gov' is known and matches the DSA host key.
debug1: Found key in /u/home/sa10$/.ssh/known_hosts:2
debug1: ssh_dss_verify: signature correct
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS sent
debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received
debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST sent
**WARNING**WARNING**WARNING**
 UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO THIS COMPUTER IS PROHIBITED BY LAW (REFERENCE
TITLE 18 U
 This is a Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) (Operating
Division of
 SECURITY REQUIREMENTS FOR AUTHORIZED USERS of CMS' COMPUTER SYSTEMS
If you are authorized access to a CMS computer system, you are subject to
the re
 THERE IS NO RIGHT OF PRIVACY IN THIS SYSTEM. System security personnel
may give
 USE OF THIS SYSTEM BY ANY USER, AUTHORIZED OR UNAUTHORIZED, CONSTITUTES
CONSENT
 **WARNING**WARNING**WARNING**
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password
debug1: No more authentication methods to try.
Permission denied (publickey,password).
Connection closed

I appreciate your help and look forward to your response.

Thank You.

Len Sasso

RDC Operations - Systems Administrator
CSC
Information Technology Infrastructure Services (ITIS)
| p: 518.257-4209 | m: 518.894-0879 | f: 518.257-4300 | lsa...@csc.com |
www.csc.com

delivery.
purpose.