From:   "Goldsby, Gary" <gary.gold...@fredmeyer.com>
To:     IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Date:   07/13/2012 08:23 AM
Subject:        Printing barcodes on mainframe generated reports
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>

G'day mates,
                This is my second attempt to get information about how to
print barcodes on a report that is created in a Cobol program on a
mainframe IBM platform. My particular issue is I do not understand how to
look at a barcode and know what is required on the printline to satisfy
the input requirements of the barcode logic.
                My installation is using AFP formats and fonts and
printing via Infopac and / or RMDS.
                The particular barcode I am interested in is known as '3
of 9'.
                If you have a cobol program that is sending a 13 digit UPC
number to a '3 of 9' barcode I would like to see the working storage
variables and the procedure division logic you are using.

Thanks for your time,
Gary

intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential and
protected by law from unauthorized disclosure. Any unauthorized review,
copies of the original message.