It has been 14 years since I worked on an application.  It printed
signature and postal bar codes.  Xerox DJDE commands I believe.  The
font did all the hard work.  Then your JES2 SYSOUT has to end up with
a list of fonts.  And position where you want the printing.  Then you
print the value you want.  Signature fonts usually had a value of ABCD
or however many characters the signature was spread over.

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 10:23 AM, Goldsby, Gary
<gary.gold...@fredmeyer.com> wrote:
> G'day mates,
>                 This is my second attempt to get information about how to
> print barcodes on a report that is created in a Cobol program on a mainframe
> IBM platform. My particular issue is I do not understand how to look at a
> barcode and know what is required on the printline to satisfy the input
> requirements of the barcode logic.
>                 My installation is using AFP formats and fonts and printing
> via Infopac and / or RMDS.
>                 The particular barcode I am interested in is known as '3 of
> 9'.
>                 If you have a cobol program that is sending a 13 digit UPC
> number to a '3 of 9' barcode I would like to see the working storage
> variables and the procedure division logic you are using.
>
> Thanks for your time,
> Gary

> This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the
> intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential and
> protected by law from unauthorized disclosure. Any unauthorized review, use,
> recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies
> of the original message.

Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA