Frank,

I take your point about the use of the binder option COMPAT(LKED).  It
does ensure that no load module that contains a non-reentrant HLASM
module will be marked RENT.

I am not, however, sure that COMPAT(LKED) is free of other disabilities.

It ensures, for example, that target executables will be PDS-resident
load modules, not PDSE-resident program objects.

It may preclude use of some LE facilities, for the use of which PM3
must minimally be specified.  (The manual text is not entirely clear:
we are abjured to avoid the notion that COMPAT is necessarily a lower
level than PM1; but it is silent about where PM3 fits into this
partial ordering.)

John Gilmore, Ashland MA, 01721 - USA