John,

With what heard about the Java performance hit, it's relativity a slow
performer.
What I see of C it's ok but, the documentation, good examples are lacking.
The data types especial strings with z/os bring different than Unix....I know
these languages are evolving, my comments are negative criticisms of IBM.

Scott ford
www.identityforge.com