On Thu, 6 Sep 2012 14:14:43 +0000, Bill Fairchild wrote:

>Assuming you have the authority to do so, superzap the F1 DSCB for your source
>PDS so that its DSORG is PS instead of PO.  Then do your IEBGENER.  Then zap
>the F1 back to PO.  It might work.  I have never tried this myself.

Perhaps you don't know about overrides in JCL DD and ALLOCATE
commands?

Adding to my prior remark, specify _everything_ in SYSUT1 DD.
DSORG, RECFM, LRECL, BLKSIZE.

On Thu, 6 Sep 2012 09:56:31 -0400, John Gilmore wrote:

>Lizette's point that IBM can change the information in a PDS directory
>without notice is of course generically correct
>
>That conceded, such changes have been infrequent for many years; and
>the functional stabilization of PDS support that came about with the
>introduction of PDSEs makes further such changes unlikely.  Brutally
>put, PDSEs are changing, PDSs are not.

So much IBM software (probably ISPF) and customer software depend
on the PDS directory format that I understand that a PDSE can be
opened as PS and PDSE support emulates the PDS directory format.

>Have you succeeded in opening your PDS as a sequential file?

I've done it in Rexx.  Assembler is for people who like that sort of thing.

-- gil