From: Dan <mvs-j...@sympatico.ca>
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU; Esmie Moo <esmie_...@yahoo.ca>
Cc: Dan <mvs-j...@sympatico.ca>
Sent: Wednesday, October 3, 2012 1:21:49 PM
Subject: Re: IDCAMS ODDITY?

Hi Esmie,

Peter said...
" The restriction is to one wildcarded qualifier."

as in.... USERID.*.CNTL or USERID.TEST.* or USERID.ABC.DEF.GHI.*.CNTL
I believe that USERID.T*.CNTL may also work.

The IDCAMS parser is not the same as for DF/DSS and the qualifier.** does not
do what you want.  IDCAMS is an old tool and a single * is all that's
allowed...anywhere within the dsname.

Dan