esmie moo wrote:

>Good Morning Gentle Readers,

Morning? ;-D
It is now 18:45 (SAST time) and am now busy breaking my favourite z toy,
hehehe. ;-D

>IDC3203I ITEM 'BAST.PROM1.*.*.*.*' DOES NOT ADHERE TO RESTRICTIONS

Seemed to be WAD, after reading this in 'PREFACE.5.3  How to code
subparameters' in 'DFSMS Access Method Services for Catalogs':

Use an asterisk to replace a qualifier to indicate a generic command with
certain commands. However, an asterisk cannot be used as the high level
(leftmost) qualifier, as a partial replacement for a qualifier, or to replace
more than one qualifier. The following examples show you how to use an asterisk
for a generic name:
  A.*
  A.*.C

The following examples are not acceptable ways to use a generic name:
  A.*.*
  A.B*
  *.B.C

>Does this mean that IDCAMS will only accept a WILDCARD for the last qualifier?

No, but see above quote.

HTH!

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht