In
<CA+Myz1VcB0i2LMr7R=1uc1t5sdc5kna-o+dmtxezd2hoovz...@mail.gmail.com>,
on 11/17/2012
   at 11:29 PM, Quasar Chunawala <quasar.chunawa...@gmail.com> said:

>Thank you very much for your reply. I have just another questions. I
>have put them inline, in the body of your e-mail in *red *color.

No you haven't; there is no color in e-mail.

>How did the SRM know, a TSO Address Space which is in the WAIT
>state, and logically swapped out, has now transitioned to the
>READY state after an AID key press?

A component called the TIOC[1] or VTIOC[2] handles the interface to
the communications access method. It is responsible for signalling the
completion of, e.g., TGET, TPUT, to the TSO user's address space. The
[V]TIOC uses the same cross-memory mechanisms as amy other activity
that could cause an address space to become ready.

>And if that's the case, how does it really differ from the
>transaction monitor CICS?

CICS runs multiple users in a single Application Owning Region (AOR);
TSO has no equivalent. When there are multiple CICS address spaces,
CICS uses, e.g., VTAM, to communicate among them.

[1] Obsolete; was used for TCAM.

[2] Used for VTAM

     Atid/2        <http://patriot.net/~shmuel>