l...@garlic.com(Lynn Wheeler) writes:
As consequence of not being able to fix TSO &/or MVS, POK had a project
to port CMS to MVS ... as a way of providing interactive services, but
as mentioned previously MVS has some fundamental flaws for providing
interactive service ... and the implementation never really caught on.

Lynn:

I'm quite familiar with that project. Three others and I actually implemented a
prototype
which let a TSO user issue the command CMS which would obtain a block of
storage in the
TSO address space and load and run the CMS kernel using SIE. Attempts to
perform file I/O
would interrupt SIE and execute code which implemented the CMS file system and
all
needed file functions in a VSAM data set, using CI file I/O. A later design
would use the
VSAM actual block processor, as opposed to CI file I/O. That file system
implementation
was my contribution to the project.

Two of us were assigned as technical team leaders for the intended product
development.
We were staffing our teams when the project was killed.

Mike Myers
Mentor Services Corporation