From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Jeremy Nicoll - ls mainframes
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 12:28 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Who loaded me?

Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org> wrote:

>Issue CSVQUERY
>INADDR=ptr_to_any_addr_in_my_pgm,SEARCH=JPALPA,SEARCHMINOR=NO,OUTEPNM=e
>ight_
>char_fld_in_writable_storage
>
> (I know some of those parms are defaults; I'm just being extra clear.)
> Given RC=0, that gets me "my" name. Do I need anything else on
> CXVQUERY other than the usual MF= considerations? Am I safe ignoring
> PLISTVER and any other parameters?

Suppose someone's defined one or more aliases of the program concerned.

Is there any combination of uses where the JCL could say EXEC PGM=PROGRAMx
but the CSVQUERY would return "PROGRAMy" - either when one or other of
PROGRAMx/y s the 'real' program, or when both PROGRAMx/y are aliases of
something else?