On Wed, 5 Dec 2012 09:07:25 -0500, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) wrote:

>>Does ADDR= require APF authorization?
>
>From z/OS MVS Programming: Authorized Assembler Services Reference,
>Volume 3(LLA-SDU), SA22-7611-11:
>
>Minimum authorization:  Problem state or supervisor state, and any
>                        PSW key. The GLOBAL, EOM, ADDR, ADDR64,
>                        ADRNAPF and ADRNAPF64 parameters are
>                        restricted to authorized users (APF
>                        authorized, PSW key 0-7, or supervisor
>                        state).

IOW, "Yes."  (I had checked; my question was largely rhetorical, prefacing
my following sentence concerning the limited usefulness of the construct.)

>BTW, did you really mean refreshable *data* sections, as opposed to
>refreshable code sections with writable data sections?.

Yes.  I can envision read-only data sections so frequently used that it's
worth avoiding the I/O overhead of loading them for each job that uses
them.  Also the alternative you suggest: sharable writable data sections.
This likely presumes a locking mechanism; perhaps even entitlements,
else you're back in the Dark Ages of User Key CSA.  There may be a
better way.

-- gil