On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 09:50:57 -0600, Mary Anne Matyaz wrote:

>It is still shipped in SYS1.PROCLIB(DEALLOC).

Of course.  Someone's JCL proc or MGCR might depend on it.

And no DD statement.  I remembered wrong.

And no IBM copyright notice.  Does that mean you could post it
here, or is it copyright regardless of notice?

But the one I see has been customized locally to add accounting
information to the JOB statement.  (The account number is
obsolete by two corporate acquisitions and more.)

Did the behavior of VARY really change, or is it just that on a
contemporary z/OS system the mean time between allocations
is imperceptibly short?

-- gil