Great stuff. Thanks.

Rgrds, Joseph Sumi

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Rob Schramm
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2013 12:03 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: mainframe "selling" points

z/OS Security: Statement of Integrity.

With the Common Criteria Evaluation Assurance Level 5 (EAL5) awarded by
International Standards Organization, System z has the highest security rating
or classification for any commercially available server.

http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/au/resources/systems_au_Why_is_DB2_for_zOS_better_than_Oracle_RAC.pdf

DB2 integration with Netezza

Ability to fully utilitize computing resources - WLM, Group Capacity

Ability to provide FIPS140-2 level 4 encryption facilities

General high-availability and redundancy coupling facility

GDPS if you need to get really wild.

Leveraging and extending existing code base.

Rob Schramm
Senior Systems Consultant
Imperium Group