All,

I have read over the posts and I agree with most of you. But there seems to be
another factor.
Maybe it's always been there and I simply accepted it in my 'younger' days, the
lazy factor.
I see it on here also, 'do my research for me', 'do my job for me' , everyone I
know on the mainframe side of IT pretty much earned their stripes working a lot
of hours and researching etc.
This includes me. I will be the first to help you, but at least RTFM. A z/OS
system is not a PC.

Another observation , the z/OS skillset is disappearing. The ability to think
clear and organized and understand what is needed for the situation.

Scott ford
www.identityforge.com

Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll
understand. - Chinese Proverb