[Default] On 18 May 2020 09:38:34 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main
peter.far...@broadridge.com (Farley, Peter x23353) wrote:

>Peter,
>
>Thanks for your comments and questions.  As I replied later in the thread, I
>was incorrect in posing my original question because the file to be sent is
>actually a VSAM file.  Not sure at this time if it is KSDS or ESDS, as the
>question was posed to me by a co-worker in another application team and I am
>not aware of all the details there.

This gets curiouser and curiouser.  Unless the receiver of the file is
either z/OS or z/VSE, how is the file going to look?  Is what is
actually being sent a sequential copy of the file?  Also the
transmitting mechanism may well have a byte count.  Unless the file
size is to be sent ahead of the actual transmission (I am assuming FTP
or other online transport mechanism as opposed to tape or other
physical medium), what can the receiver do based on the information?
Is the sender supposed to do something?

Clark Morris