From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Bob Bridges
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2020 9:42 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: [External] Re: "Everyone wants to retire mainframes"

My favorite is a marketing guy I was supporting.  He called for my help with
some problem that had occurred - I don't remember what exactly, probably with a
DYL-280II program that he'd written with my help - and, as always, I asked him
what the error message had said.  "Oh, it said some damn thing" he retorted.

I think he was laughing at himself as he said it, but he said it.