At least in that case you can hopefully reproduce the error :)
It's the one-time lost error messages that as a support person, you sometimes have to say, "Oh well"

My favorite is when someone is repeatedly getting an error, but when they call me over and without doing anything differently, the error magically goes away. I always said this was because the computer knows that I simply won't stand for such insubordination and it knows that I know where the off switch is.