From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Carmen Vitullo
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2020 7:17 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: New Mainframe Community

Kolusu, thank you for the history lesson, I personally would never 'advertise'
(suggest) this site if I knew how low some folks will go to sell answers, I
know of a couple of industries that do this, ask.com, I think was the first
site I ever came across that you could ask a question and for a nominal price
get an answer.
As I mentioned, being a novice myself at one time, I needed help with a SYSPLEX
issue, I asked here, well, IBM-MAIN, and no one paid attention, at the time the
hot topic for MVS folks was Windows related, I pointed that out that this was a
MAINFRAME forum and was immediately shamed and flamed by Mark Zelden + others ,
that was the only reason why I came across that other site .
I've been a SYSPROG since 1993 came up from operations, I'm not as smart as
most here but I do try and provide help when I can, and continue to read the
Q+A here.
again thanks for reaching out to me and not shaming me more on the forum

Carmen Vitullo