On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 at 12:57, Henri Kuiper <henrikui...@zdevops.com> wrote:

> Wow. What a lot of pushback.
>
> This is (IMHO) precisely what’s wrong with the (generic average)  mainframe
> community. New is bad.  Different is bad.

No one has said anything remotely like that.

> Dudes (m/f) : it’s not the 80s anymore.
>
> That being said : here’s a little “why” for the existence of the thing :
> https://zdevops.tumblr.com/post/620908065704853504/mainframe-community-mattermost

OK - looks cool. But why is it good because it's posted on a site that
evidently exists not to make cool new stuff public, but to monetize
it? How does the existence of something nifty on it justify such a
site? Why not post nifty stuff right here on IBM-MAIN?

> That being said I’d say “traditional”  peeps like some of the reactions I
> read here should probably not even try to see what it is.

Well look who has the attitude now...

> There’s no punch cards. No bus&tek. But an easy, modern, new (young) blood
> friendly environment where about 100 peeps are having some fun discussing
> mainframe things.

Seriously...? As opposed to a mailing list that must obviously be
difficult, old-fashioned, unfriendly to youth?

> No hard feelings.

You're sure...?

Tony H.