How many index levels do you have?

Tony Thigpen

Lizette Koehler wrote on 8/30/20 6:11 PM:
List -

I have a VSAM Dataset that has grown over the years.  When it was set up -
the INDEX space was left to default

I am wondering if it makes sense to override the Track Allocation and put it
in Cylinders.

We are noticing a little bit of an increase in run time during reorg.  I was
wondering if this might be due to the data set having 3.4GB now.  This file
is EA/EF so it can grow

Over 4500 Cylinders on the Data

And the index is using tracks 2 pri and 11 sec - size is now 2.4 MB

During reorg we offload records to an archive then reload the current data
back in.

This may be something I cannot improve on, just thought I would see if there
are any insights I am missing.

Process:
Offload the data to a temp file

Archive records older than 2 weeks