It was me that said they were pathetic and I stand by that remark. There's a website that has a "stupid patent of the month" which is dominated by IBM.

Here's a good one! https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2017/02/stupid-patent-month-ibm-patents-out-office-email

A lot of my colleagues are ex IBMers and quite a few of them have their names on patents. A lot of those patents are stupid! Any product feature that they designed that was considered novel they lodged a patent request for. They are the first ones to acknowledge that the process was brain-damaged. IBM wanted to use patents
as bargaining chips.

On 2020-10-12 12:27 AM, Bill Johnson wrote:
I agree. It wasn’t me who said they were pathetic.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Sunday, October 11, 2020, 12:26 PM, R.S. <r.skoru...@bremultibank.com.pl>
wrote:

Patents are not pathetic. Other companies still make new patents.
Including those like Microsoft and Google.
Patents are still valid and important even if some company have only few
of them or cannot make any.