On 1/26/2021 7:42 PM, David Crayford wrote:
I know the old adage that old dogs can't learn new tricks but why not just learn native Linux tools?
Because somebody decided that "end save" would be "<esc>:wq" which of course makes perfect sense :)

Actually, I barely know enough of the vi editor to get by, and have to google every time even for simple things like how to move to the bottom of a file. But other mainframe folks I work with are far worse than me.

Still, I agree with you. Just learn what everybody else has already found to work best in that environment.