Doesn't everybody know that 'G' takes you to the bottom of the file and 'gg' to the top ;)

I used to hate Vim and considered the learning curve too steep. First thing I would do when I spun up a Linux VM was install nano. Then I bit the bullet and invested the time to learn how to use it. Now it's my favorite text editor. I use it all the time on z/OS as my employer has ported it as part of the z/OS Open Source tools product. Once you have an intermediate level of proficiency you can do amazing things WRT navigation, searching/replacing, editing all with a ridiculously small amount of keystrokes. To beautify source code indentation simply type 'gg=G'.

If you check out the neovim [1] fork contributors. They're all young guys! These are web devs, devops, game developers all using a shell based TUI editor and not a fancy GUI. 41K stars is just amazing! To general consensus is that using a mouse is a productivity killer. How times change! Nobody would consider writing an ISPF WSA these days.

Don't fight it, feel it. Watch a few YouTube tutorial videos and you'll be a convert in no time.

[1] https://github.com/neovim/neovim