From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Martin Packer [martin_pac...@uk.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2021 3:54 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Colours on screen (mainframe history question)

The interesting question to me is "which colours"?

I would say we started with a 3-bit colour space: R, G, B. And so the
colour Red is 100 in this space and a more complex colour like Yellow is
probably 110.

Is this right, though?

In particular I'd be surprised if a 4th bit weren't used. But for what?

Cheers, Martin

Martin Packer

WW z/OS Performance, Capacity and Architecture, IBM Technology Sales

+44-7802-245-584

email: martin_pac...@uk.ibm.com

Twitter / Facebook IDs: MartinPacker

Blog:
https://secure-web.cisco.com/1K-uYK1eipWFSg-6F8XNC9m_2CAm1sZo_cFkRZQ8b9SP3yxiRIXY1kGG-X1UjpIoPU18B1vjwzGpiIXMzT7fHB62cQsbDWT-XUuy6Ctn6JTRFDlMYd47fyazRCHFtqSvV24HBIPst9cpirjDKUQQ9yy4dXbT0kWr7PD50k1lN-kZdxSCOkzW9mNM6MuofKZ8leHTtmqqBkwdTP9XLy97mRBJo8GveAJBlEm9uCU6eqdobf2vesil8x23USjmYoQMGM9UxB_b0ks-1FibtiBFz7TFRS3xmr0r6TfLD_zSyral9nZbd6cO60bgRX99BSfCITrEXk6UpWpNt8z5NO2rq9OaQA0ZKBb7rLf-bny0lV8I6V3GHVYWAycaf2g4g7BcKMy_qVndFmTMy4UFV1aQjkcyuSjaPK_msPFnQnopu77dISOgqBU2_qR7FfV56vMY5/https%3A%2F%2Fmainframeperformancetopics.com

Mainframe, Performance, Topics Podcast Series (With Marna Walle):
https://secure-web.cisco.com/1pCNnU8kfL9doKBHIlVIZMuyHaCv0OdoTo35dxF9qR4b51FQPhhzpM1zczVJHBhp2IEbjrgShmpk32YIkXVS8yhgZTSjiEytCDoRLE7OrZkjiK7m1drXYdPIFyk5k-TWPCLoygXxp7mtytW1k5RZM4uZGYbUdZ_VjdL7J1VdLTnwiSR45imJX-MSuheP9OKWb264dPFx18AAhts-sbZdmVTPBl3B9VP7L5KNxtdthCvg7CVlnEac8IVABRzD3L4NbP8SQGL-APN8ApBNuhbICrPCXf518hbV2p8fU_Bub_odwpVSdSYZUWetgUxo58T3eoZvzmsR46cLs95Oey25WLgtKFLAU3jiGmujiziFQCWgGiFDfy6pNucIKG5iD4lPXoDyRvH6RoaPL_NNSLqnbPHgdA_3SF9XZSLAXN1XinmjP86ApXgoYiyGeYsUoXbSZA9GGaT7cPGckl7Ueqq6Wzw/https%3A%2F%2Fanchor.fm%2Fmarna-walle

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu_65HaYgksbF6Q8SQ4oOvA