Extended Attribute

In particular I'd be surprised if a 4th bit weren't used. But for what?

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Packer <martin_pac...@uk.ibm.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Sent: Wed, Feb 24, 2021 2:54 am
Subject: Re: Colours on screen (mainframe history question)

The interesting question to me is "which colours"?

I would say we started with a 3-bit colour space: R, G, B. And so the
colour Red is 100 in this space and a more complex colour like Yellow is
probably 110.

Is this right, though?

In particular I'd be surprised if a 4th bit weren't used. But for what?

Cheers, Martin

Martin Packer

WW z/OS Performance, Capacity and Architecture, IBM Technology Sales

+44-7802-245-584

email: martin_pac...@uk.ibm.com

Twitter / Facebook IDs: MartinPacker

Blog: https://mainframeperformancetopics.com

Mainframe, Performance, Topics Podcast Series (With Marna Walle):
https://anchor.fm/marna-walle

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu_65HaYgksbF6Q8SQ4oOvA