Bill,

It's so much more than just colleges. Anybody can download python to their
PC and begin writing python in just a few minutes. The same is true for
just about every distributed platform operating system and language. When I
was 13, I was learning HTML, CGI, Perl, and javascript. In high school, I
learned Pascal and QBasic. Neither Pascal or QBasic are flashy or exciting,
but I developed a huge passion for programming very early. I would have
learned COBOL if I had the capability.

Look at cryptocurrencies. There's nothing really flashy or captivating
(other than the monetary aspect) like web or video game development with
stunning visuals. The majority of the development and interactions are
handled as backend transactions, but young kids are clambering to work on
it. It's all about culture and perspective.

Thank you,

Brian Chapman