On Sun, 30 May 2021 01:03:04 +0000, Seymour J Metz wrote:

>> I hate EBCDIC issue, it's a multiple code page set issue!. Pop quiz: when
>> using REXX on a PC, is � 'AA'X or 'AC'X?  And, yes, you can cheat and use \

That's not cheating; it's USASCII.  Porrtable.

>... so you don't have to care which code page and which interpreter, but why
>should you have to? And what if you want to download exist REXX code from,
>e.g., z/OS, zVM?

In your email I see:
    ...is =AC...
On LISTSERV WWW, 'C2AC'.

In Regina Ref.:
2.5.4.1 Negators
Some of the above comparisons can be negated by prefixing a
negator character. Regina supports the following characters as negators:
\ Backslash (ANSI Standard)
^ Caret
~ Tilde
¬ Logical Not

Again, 'C2AC'x.  And when I paste it into a script I get a syntax error:
Error 13 running "/proc/4320/fd/pipe:[95168888]", line 1: Invalid character in
program
Error 13.1: Invalid character in program "('c2'X)"

-- gil