From: Ed <edja...@phoenixsoftware.com>
To: IBM-MAIN <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
Date: Monday, 26 July 2021 12:12 AM CDT
Subject: Re: Serverpac installs January 2022 and beyond - Requests

On 7/25/2021 10:01 PM, Brian Westerman wrote:
> Running on a VM on a 400mip box doesn't count, no. The information provided
> to me was that the "smallest" box that had been tested by IBM is a 400+mip
> one, so the answer is "no", none of those count. I'm frankly kind of
> astonished that it never occurred to IBM to test on the smallest box they
> sell for z/OS use, one would think that would have occurred to "someone".

z/OSMF has been used and tested extensively on zPDT and zD&T by various
ISVs and others. One of z/OSMF's biggest proponents is Watson & Walker.
The last time I saw them live at SHARE, Frank Kyne mentioned at the
bottom of slide 40 of
https://watsonwalker.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/2020-09-100-Whats-New-in-Parmlib.pdf

that running ZFS inside OMVS took minutes off z/OSMF startup time on
their zPDT.

Until Frank mentioned it, I did not even know running ZFS that way was
an option...

--
Phoenix Software International
Edward E. Jaffe

This e-mail message, including any attachments, appended messages and the
information contained therein, is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient or have otherwise
received this email message in error, any use, dissemination, distribution,
review, storage or copying of this e-mail message and the information
contained therein is strictly prohibited. If you are not an intended
of this email message and do not otherwise utilize or retain this email
message or any or all of the information contained therein. Although this
email message and any attachments or appended messages are believed to be
free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into
which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient
to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by the
sender for any loss or damage arising in any way from its opening or use.