If you want to know what is going on, you should
answer the questions that the z/OS
diagnosis expert (me) already asked:

Was the module loaded from a PDS, or from a PDSE?

 What does the D DIAG  command display (or
VERBX IGVDGNIP   under IPCS)?

  What was the source address and length for the MVCL?

  What was the target address and length for the MVCL?

  What was the Translation Exception Id?

  From a dump, what was the length and address from the
system trace entry for the GETMAIN which obtained the module storage?

Jim Mulder z/OS Diagnosis, Design, Development, Test  IBM Corp.
Poughkeepsie NY

"IBM Mainframe Discussion List" <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> wrote on
08/25/2021 10:41:37 PM:

> From: "Joseph Reichman" <reichman...@gmail.com>
> To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
> Date: 08/25/2021 11:18 PM
> Subject: Re: LOAD with ADDR
> Sent by: "IBM Mainframe Discussion List" <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
>
> That’s what originally had until I got a s0c4 noticed the length of
> one of the load modules was off
>

> > On Aug 25, 2021, at 10:37 PM, Tom Brennan
> <t...@tombrennansoftware.com> wrote:
> >
> > My old code that loaded common executables did a LOAD without
> ADDR just to get the length, then a DELETE, then a GETMAIN for CSA,
> then a LOAD with ADDR=
> >
> > Don't know if this helps or not in your situation because all my
> code was written in assembler.
> >
> >> On 8/25/2021 7:01 PM, Joseph Reichman wrote:
> >>  Hi
> >>  I am just posting this to report the issue I had LOAD ing a program
named
> >> OPENFILE (Its Metal C Im sure that's not the issue) I had posted that
it
> >> gave me erroneous length of X'4000'
> >> When I did a browse in ISPF I saw it as 3530 same as the linkmap
> >>  I subsequently re-did my coding with help of those on the listserv
did a
> >> BLDL to determine the length of all the programs I wanted to move to
CSA.
> >>  I then did a STORAGE from SP=228
> >>  And started doing LOAD EPLOC= DCB = and more importantly ADDR=
> (pointing it
> >> to the area I wanted to load the proram) when I got the program
OPENFILE
> >> which had returned X'4000'  it now returned the correct length inR1
X'6A6'