Since the OP's goal was to have a copy available to all address spaces,
the best option is to use dynamic LPA (CSVDYLPA).
There are few, if any, reasons still to use LOAD with ADDR for common
storage. In neither CSVDYLPA nor LOAD with ADDR is it generally safe ever
to free the storage. And LOAD with GLOBAL=YES is even worse.

Anyone want to place a bet on whether the system did or did not "give ...
an erroneous length of x'4000' "? I'd place my money on "gave a correct
length".

Regardless, if you are doing a LOAD with ADDR you don't typically do a
LOAD to get the length to obtain (or a CSVQUERY after a LOAD). That is
very inefficient. You use the information in the directory entry returned
by BLDL or DESERV.

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design