> Actually now I was totally able to customize all my dataset names,
> which is really great. It is time consuming because I basically had
> to change everything.

Glad to hear you were able to customize the data set names to your liking.
 As already mentioned, next time I encourage you to use a Model and z/OSMF
will use your existing data set name conventions as much as possible.

> Now I hit a few things, because its always checking names in the
> background..  So when it says its going to build jobs, it lies, its
> actually verifying names first.  So because I already installed z/OS
> 2.5 with a serverpac, I would like to bypass a few things and it
> will not let me.  So back to adding a SSA for my duplicates to get
> thru the screens.

I'd like to understand this comment better.  z/OSMF does indeed verify the
information you specified in the configuration before generating the jobs,
such as data set names and locations.  Mostly it ensures there is not
already a same named data set on a specified volume or in a catalog.  Are
you saying z/OSMF found a volume or catalog collision when in fact there
was no collision?  If so, can you elaborate?  For example, did you select
to create a new master catalog?  Are you using indirect cataloging for
your existing data sets, and did you tell z/OSMF you want to indirectly
catalog the new data sets?  Did you tell z/OSMF to create data sets on a
particular volume?

Kurt Quackenbush -- IBM,  z/OS SMP/E and z/OSMF Software Management

Chuck Norris never uses CHECK when he applies PTFs.