Wanted to add a few other comments
Since IBM is forcing everyone to z/OSMF with 2.5, not excited for this but It
seems to work pretty well, except for everything that cant see it doing behind
the scenes. It seems this is a ton of catalog look-ups to validate nothing
exist.

But then in the IZUD04UZ job you delete everything anyhow. So why validate it
in the workflows?  I fail because my SMPE datasets are already allocated,
because I installed thru a SERVERPAC.

This would be all good, because I just wasn't planning on running any of the
jobs, unless I saw something I needed for customizations.

But again you don't allow that and stop with errors.

Lastly since the direction in 2.5 for z/OSMF, now everyone will have a valid
instance going forward.  So you should still provide a way to extract the
migration action XML, so that for 2.5 only its available outside.

PPS..  If you do respond how do the workflow variables for in install portable
instance to mirror a production names??

I cant use a filter to change the dataset names, However if I select each one
separately, I can which would take forever.

Software Management > Portable Software Instances > Deployments > Deployment
Checklist > Configure Deployment >Modify
Modify Data Sets
Enter the data set name or qualifiers to use for the selected data sets.
        Common data set qualifiers:     Example data set name:
From:   SYS1SSA.SYS1.SICELPA    SYS1SSA.SYS1.SICELPA
To:
        SYS1.SICELPA

Ms Terri E Shaffer