Hi Kurt. In answer to your question about my previous post:

We put the SMP/E target zone datasets on the target volume. The names in this
case are SMPE.ZOS250.MVST250.* which are unique in the system. The CSI is VSAM
so it is directly cataloged. The installation process indirectly catalogs the
non-VSAM ones and I assume that the DdDEFs for them include the specific
volser. However when handling these datasets it is more convenient if they are
directly cataloged. It is possible, so that is what we do (post install).

I also mentioned that I would like to be able to create a 2-level alias and
associated catalog. That is because we use OMVS.ZOS250 as the qualifier for
target zone file systems, and OMVS for most other file systems.

Not necessarily all logical or the best practice but we are where we are.

Keith Gooding